Monday, January 16, 2012

Defending Super Bowl champs knocked out of the playoffs


OK, here are my picks for the NFC Divisional Playoffs:

1.     San Francisco 49ers over New Orleans Saints.
2.     New England Patriots over Denver Broncos
3.     Baltimore Ravens over Houston Texans
4.     Green Bay Packers over New York Giants

Not bad.  I got three right.  Interestingly, I said that I would love to see a big upset to add some drama to the playoffs.  Well, I got an upset and I am sure Packers fans are mad about my wish.

It is not surprising that the New York Giants came prepared to play.  While they only won nine games during the regular season, they ended strong.  I also think that they had a little chip on their shoulders because people were not really taking them serious.  It is surprising that they went into Lambeau Field and beat the Packers by 17 points.

Here is why the Packers lost.
1.     Nonexistent running game - QB Aaron Rodgers was the leading rusher.
2.     Listless passing game – Too many incomplete and dropped passes.
3.     Not focused – Three fumbles and two failed onside kicks.

So the teams for the conference championship games are set.  The New England Patriots will host the Baltimore Ravens for the AFC Championship Title.  The New York Giants will go west to play the 49ers for the NFC Championship.   I think the 49ers and Patriots will win.  But, if one can upset the Patriots, the Ravens certainly have the potential.

NFL conference champions are on Sunday.  The AFC game is at 3 p.m. on CBS and the NFC game kicks off at 6:30 p.m. on FOX.


Ciao!
Heels & Helmets






Not bad.  I got three out of four right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment