Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2011 Super Bowl Champs...

The New York Jets.

OK, I normally don’t do this.  Actually until last week, it was totally against my rules.  I think it is crazy to start talking about the Super Bowl in the spring.  Training camp hasn’t started, rosters are not confirmed; I mean T.O. still does not have a home this year.  So it doesn’t make any sense at all!  However, I was called out and in my excitement went against my own rules.

I entered Oprah’s contest to have a show on her network, Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).  The show idea I presented was a sports show (what else?) for women.  Similar to the way we enlighten all of you on what’s going on in football, the program would cover sports topics and educate women on all sports.  For my video audition, I illustrated a few of the segments that would take place when we discuss football.  One is “Hail Mary.”  During this portion of the show, “my friend,” Mary, will ask for an explanation of the game or game prediction.  So, my real friend producing my audition acting as “Mary” asked, “Who do you think will win the Super Bowl next year?”  Instead of using the time to explain my rule and share the top teams that I think will be contenders as of that day, I made a prediction. 

The New York Jets.

The Jets did have a very good season last year.   They made it all the way to the AFC Championship with a rookie quarterback.  They added a veteran running back, LaDainian Tomlinson, and a top wide receiver, Santonio Holmes (he’s a Buckeye, but I give credit when it is due) to their roster.  I am excited about what they will accomplish this fall, but it is June!  I am not supposed to discuss Super Bowl predictions before training camp, confirmed rosters and the dreadful word… injuries.  Yet, I did.  So, I am going for the Jets.

Let’s Go J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets!

See everything that I had to say about the New York Jets winning it all next year and while you are there vote for me and tell everyone you know to do the same thing!

Ciao!
Heels Helmets

No comments:

Post a Comment