Wednesday, February 3, 2010

IT'S NATIONAL SIGNING DAY AND MICHIGAN WILL BE BACK!

OK, My goal was to get you all ready for Super Bowl, so I was dedicating this week to talking about both teams playing in the Championship Game.  But, today is a really important day for College Football and my Michigan Wolverines, so I had to fill you in.  Today is the first day that a high school player can sign a binding letter of intent to play at a university.  So, it's appropriately called National Signing Day.  All of the months college coaches spend traveling, making phone calls, arranging tours of the university and scheduling attendance at games all come down to this day.  


It has been a rough couple of years since Rich Rodriguez (Coach Rod) took over as Head Coach of Michigan Football.  He has not been on the sidelines of a Michigan Bowl Game, since he watched Coach Carr coach the Wolverines to a victory over the Florida Gators in the Capital One Bowl, on January 1, 2008.  This was the day before he started his job at Michigan.  Well, I am convinced that the 2008 and 2009 seasons are in the past and Coach Rod's third year will be a charm!  I'm looking forward to see who will be added to complete the offense and strengthen our defense.  GO BLUE!


I feel so excited that I am inviting all of you to come join me for my Super Bowl Happy Hour this Friday!  Here are the details:


Join Heels & Helmets for the "Final Practice" before the big game. Come chat, have a cocktail and get key elements to the game. Yes, he'll be surprised on Sunday!

PLAYBOOK
The Reserve: 1426 L Street, NW; Washington, DC
Open Bar: 5 - 6 p.m. (Select cocktails)
$5 Rails
$5 Select Tapas

You can get information on the newest Wolverines and watch the press conference at 3 p.m. (EST) at mgoblue.com.

Ciao!
Heels & Helmets

No comments:

Post a Comment